Hotel Automation: The Future is Here
For most hoteliers, surviving the crisis meant slashing operating expenses, most coming from so-called 'furloughs' or operating with 'the main core'. To do more with less, hoteliers tried to cluster all the daily minutia into a few select personnel dividing between among those that remained, but...
Given the widespread adoption of remote work during the coronavirus pandemic, it can be assumed that this, in turn, needs to keep social distance to keep your standards. And some of us still don't know how to handle the situation. The only way is to change a perspective and look at technology options and automation tools that may save the industry.
The benefits of automation for hotels are many: increased productivity, lower operation costs, a better experience for both staff and guests, more accurate forecasts, and more precise pricing decisions. As new technologies evolve and recent technologies mature, the hotel industry will have ample opportunities to redefine offerings and services. As you look ahead to the future of work, automation can keep your property competitive and able to respond to the dynamic needs of these quite turbulent times.
With a proper IT solution you can automate the following operational processes:
- task assignment for Housekeeping, Maintenance, and other departments (to save time);
- preventive maintenance and project planning;
- convert each guest request into a task and send it directly to a doer;
- channelize information from all departments;
- real-time task execution workflow updates;
- real-time maintenance issues notifications;
- measure personnel efficiency & quality performance;
- generate reports & analytics in real-time;
- track material usage.
Hotel automation tools give you full control over hotel operations without increasing your workload, brings confidence in keeping your standards, and the possibility of doing more with less!
Automation is no longer the main ingredient of your future success, it's about the present.